At PrintHub we provide
businesses with the highest quality
print solutions found nationwide
Job Post 1:
To organize, control and monitor the flow of printed materials. Prepare schedules, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met. Work as part of a team that includes sales managers, graphic designers and administration.
- Recommending efficient, time-saving project production flows.
- Identifying and selecting appropriate options for binding, inks, paper and special printing processes.
- Recommending the best printers for the specific project.
- Communicating the designer’s requirements to vendors.
- Creating and managing print production schedules Examining finished samples and approving quality before delivery to client.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and approving final invoices for payments
Working hours: a flexible work schedule is needed due to the needs of the print industry. Repetitive standing, bending and lifting are all components of the job as well.
Skills and qualities
- Minimum 1 year experience in the industry an asset
- Knowledge of small and wide formats
- Machine operation and some maintenance
- Knowledge on RIP and print workflow software
- A passion for the craft of printing
- Ability to think on your feet and to troubleshoot and solve problems on short notice.
- Ability to anticipate pitfalls and steer projects around them.
- Ability to manage and implement change.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently.
- To commensurate with experience
- Thank you in advance to all who apply. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Expected start date: 2020-10-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Post 2:
GRAPHIC DESIGNER / PRODUCTION ARTIST
Under the direction of the Creative Services Manager, you will work on several projects at a time with a focus on bringing design concepts to life across mediums. You may also be involved in new business projects. You receive moderate oversight and guidance from your manager, but you’re also a self-starter who relishes in creativity and curiosity.
- Collaborate closely with art directors, developers, and fellow designers to complete tasks
- Design and produce graphics that fulfill a creative brief
- Comfortable meeting tight deadlines
- Prepare final art based on supplied specifications for several types of printing and digital applications
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Package and pre-flight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Conduct press checks
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
- Be responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers and completing self-review
- Participate in and help plan community-building events
- Strong digital design portfolio
- Bachelors degree or certificate
- 1-3 of years professional design experience
- Proficiency in programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects and InDesign
- Strong understanding of typography, color, layout and production
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, and work efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task and function productively and effectively in a fast- paced environment with high degree of flexibility
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Attention to detail is essential and sensitivity to version control issues.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Able to articulate your creative process, thoughts, ideas and a point of view about your work
Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a collaborative, agency-style environment with multidisciplinary teams
Self-motivation – you like to figure out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes
PLEASE INCLUDE COVER LETTER AND PORTFOLIO WITH RESUME.
Job Type: Full-time